Mauritius is a picturesque island nation located in the Indian Ocean, off the east coast of Africa. It is situated to the east of Madagascar and is known for its breathtaking landscapes, pristine beaches, and a wide array of land and sea activities that make it a popular tourist destination.
If you’re planning to visit Mauritius from Nigeria, the process is relatively straightforward, as Mauritius offers visa on arrival for Nigerians. However, you will need to prepare some essential documents to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip.
1. International Passport: Your Nigerian international passport is a crucial document for traveling to Mauritius. It should have a minimum validity of at least six months from the date of your intended departure from Mauritius. Upon your arrival in Mauritius, your passport will be stamped by Mauritian immigration authorities. The visa on arrival allows you to stay in Mauritius for up to 30 days.
2. Covid Vaccine Card: Mauritius, like many countries, requires visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as this will be checked before you can be stamped into the country.
3. Hotel Booking: it’s advisable to have a confirmed hotel booking for your entire stay. This shows immigration authorities that you have a place to stay during your visit. you can get apartments, hotels or resorts from sites like booking.com , Agoda , Priceline etc.
4. Flight Booking: A confirmed round-trip flight booking is another essential requirement. This demonstrates your intention to leave Mauritius at the end of your 30-day stay and return to Nigeria. Make sure your flight details align with your planned itinerary and stay duration.
5. Travel Insurance: While it may not be a strict entry requirement, having comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended. Travel insurance can provide coverage for unforeseen events such as medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and lost luggage, ensuring that you have peace of mind during your journey.
6. Yellow Fever Card: You might be asked to show proof of yellow fever vaccination, I was not asked but a few people I had conversations said , but Ensure that your yellow fever vaccination card is up to date and easily accessible during your trip.
7. Daily Travel Allowance: In 2022, when i visited it was required to have at least 100$ per day for the number of days you plan to stay. make sure to confirm from your airline before your travel date.
If you prefer videos, visit https://youtu.be/Qx0RaHXrG1k?si=UOOAY7YCdLDen7wc to watch.
Enjoy your trip to Mauritius!